Photo by Ella Olsson on Unsplash
How to Pack a Healthy Lunch
When you have decided to change to a healthier lifestyle, packing a healthy lunch before going to work or other activities you plan to do in a day is of great importance. Preparing your lunch will help you manage the nutrients you intake and save your money.
Preparation is easy, and you will surely enjoy it since you know what you want and what you need in your daily activity. We have come up with some tips on how you can manage to pack a healthy lunch.
Photo by Maarten van den Heuvel on Unsplash
Here are a few steps to make the preparation of your lunch easier:
- When preparing for dinner, make sure that you cook extra food that you can pack as leftovers. You can manage to think of great ideas to repurpose your dinner in something interesting for your lunch. Rather having those most commonly referred to as "brown-bag" lunches.
- It is best to prepare your lunches in big batches instead of creating them every night or day. This way will save you much more time and you can be creative as you can be when all of the ingredients are already present in your kitchen.
- Having your lunch packed earlier will ensure that you will not miss or skip them. There are busy days that you might not be able to have prepared and leaving you eating with unnecessary foods that are out of your budget or meal plan.
Photo by S'well on Unsplash
Condiments and utensils are completely up to your preference. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Store your packed food in a high-quality container to ensure freshness and food safety. If there's an instance that you want hot served lunch on your break, it is best to have your food in microwave oven-safe containers so that it would be easier to reheat your food.
- Put your lunch in a lunch bag and feel free to add some of your personalized utensils such as a spoon, fork or chopstick that will make you excited when you see it to increase your appetite. We also recommend having an insulated bag. In this way, you can have your food warm whenever you go and whenever you want to eat.
Photo by Jason Briscoe on Unsplash
There are times that you'll lose the motivation in preparing and eat the lunches you arranged. Here are a few tips to stay motivated:
- Make sure to pack the foods you casually enjoy. Healthy foods can be fun to eat too! Find your fancy when it comes to foods and then make a meal plan out of it.
- Always remember your lunch. We may have those busy days and possibly skip meals. Make sure to remember to eat on time to get the energy you need to go through the day. It would be great to add some sticky notes on your desk or set up a reminder on your computer or mobile phone about your lunch so that would be always be reminded to eat on time.
We hope that these tips will help in packing your lunch and keeping your health on top!